Internship - Event Planning and Matchmaking
Location: Atlanta, GA
Minimum Experience: Student (College)
Department or Business Unit: Recruitment Sales
We accept applications for interns year-round. A minimum of 3 month commitment is needed. Ideally you will apply less than 30 days from when you can start.
Are you curious about a career in sales? Have you studied event planning, but not had any experience? Are you fearless? Do you thrive in a competitive environment? Are you willing to learn? This opportunity is one of the MOST FUN internships you will ever have. The staff is energetic and passionate about matchmaking.
One on One Matchmaking is an upscale professional, boutique dating service in the heart of Buckhead. One on One Matchmaking is affiliated with Eight at Eight Dinner Club, which has been in business for 15 years in Atlanta. One on One Matchmaking &Eight at Eight Dinner Club are fun, glamorous and entrepreneurial organization with a fantastic track record, recently featured in The Wall Street Journal, Men's Health, Cosmopolitan Magazine, US Weekly and on the The Oprah Show.
Recruit and enroll current members to attend dinners. Sell membership to prospective members. Answer questions over the phone. You will handle research and reservations with local restaurants, arrange compatible dinner parties, charge all attendees per event, correspond via e-mail with the membership. The ideal candidate is outgoing, professional, detail oriented, and comfortable talking on the phone all day (often 100+ phone calls). We're looking for someone with relevant experience and a dedication to quality service. 8at8.com
- Ability to Multitask and Prioritize
- Thrives on working at a fast pace
- Self motivated with a take-charge attitude
- Incredible phone presentation - lots and lots of phone time
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS
- Two years of inside telesales/recruiting experience is a PLUS
- Strong knowledge of outbound telesales practices
- Demonstrated experience with and knowledge of prospecting, lead generation, Closing skills, and new business sales
- Consistently met or exceeded sales goals in any previous sales role.
- Energetic, friendly, and/or sexy phone voice
- Experience closing in a short sales cycle
- Thrive on working at a fast pace
- Self-motivated and takes initiative
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to relate to membership base (aka personable, energetic, intelligent)
Part Time or Full Time Position. 25-40 hours per week.
A minimum of 1-2 nights of events per month.
$8.00/hour plus Commission. 3 Months. College Credit accepted and a small stipend will be awarded upon completion of the internship.
HOW TO APPLY
- Email resume and answers to 1on1Matchmaking.
- Have you ever internet dated?
- What is the most you’ve earned in one year?
- Are you comfortable working with high-net worth individuals?
- What would make you a good matchmaker
This is an excellent opportunity for someone willing to work hard and obtain knowledge in this exciting industry PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS. MUST HAVE COLLEGE DEGREE OR BE CURRENTLY ENROLLED IN A 4-YEAR UNIVERSITY.